Explorer delays | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

There was a stop sale issued on all Aviators today. No further details.
With all these delays it's a good thing my lease runs to October 2020 so the dealership shouldn't start bugging me until this time next year.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the update kindly keep us advised. I have an Aviator on order, so very interested. I hope you can share what the issue is, and how long it will be to get resolved.

Welcome to the Forum Bill.:wave:
Have you seen this thread? Order Threads

Peter

With all these delays it's a good thing my lease runs to October 2020 so the dealership shouldn't start bugging me until this time next year.:D

Peter

Lol, you know, I fully expected delays and had set myself up mentally for it (after after the 2011 fiasco when it first launched) but I have to admit, I am really irritated with all the tight lip stuff. Ford isnt even telling the dealers what is going on. They are just as much in the dark as we are.

Lol, you know, I fully expected delays and had set myself up mentally for it (after after the 2011 fiasco when it first launched) but I have to admit, I am really irritated with all the tight lip stuff. Ford isnt even telling the dealers what is going on. They are just as much in the dark as we are.
That irritates me as well. It makes me wonder if they don't have a solution and timeframe yet for the problem? If they have a solution and plan why wouldn't they let their dealers and customers waiting on orders know....at least we wouldn't be waiting on the edge of our seats waiting for rumors right?

Well I guess if this carries on for a few more months we may be looking at better deals for financing and possible rebates.....silver lining?

This sucks, not only waiting to see an Aviator in person and drive one, but also to get the final specs for the GT version. Good think the '12 is still going strong at 153,000 miles now. Already looked at a '20 Platinum Explorer at a Ford dealer in town. Trying to decide between Aviator, Aviator GT, Expedition Platinum, or Navigator. Would prefer to stay smaller for now and put off the big SUV until I need it in a few years and would really like to have the PHEV for fuel economy (my commute is about 24 miles round trip).

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter
Thanks my Explorer ST is a Dealer ordered vehicle that I put a deposit on, it has a Blend number of 120190530. The tracking website keeps returning a error: We are unable to find the VIN you entered. Either the VIN is invalid or no information is available. Please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle.

When I sent a Facebook message to Ford the Customer Service agent said it’s at the “In Production” Stage. My dealership just told me about the brake issue today and said that explains why it hasn’t shipped yet. Super excited about it though.

Just got the lovely news today... build date was delayed by a month, dealer said 2nd week of sept is now going to be mid October. I got the track pack so I’m assuming this brake issue is the push back in build time...So if I’m lucky I’ll get it in November. Only thing I’m iffy about is the fact they still don’t have a VIN number so I’m not sure how they are getting any build date info.

Just got the lovely news today... build date was delayed by a month, dealer said 2nd week of sept is now going to be mid October. I got the track pack so I’m assuming this brake issue is the push back in build time...So if I’m lucky I’ll get it in November. Only thing I’m iffy about is the fact they still don’t have a VIN number so I’m not sure how they are getting any build date info.

Ford has not done any scheduling beyond the week of 9/16 so I dont know how your dealer magically has a mid Oct build time. I've never seen a build time without a VIN.. I think they are adjusting their expectations rather than giving concrete info.

Any speculation on the delays and stop sales? I am in flight on a purchase, part of which is private party selling my wifes car at least 4 weeks before the expected delivery date. If there is some major issue, it would put me in a very tough spot.

Thanks my Explorer ST is a Dealer ordered vehicle that I put a deposit on, it has a Blend number of 120190530. The tracking website keeps returning a error: We are unable to find the VIN you entered. Either the VIN is invalid or no information is available. Please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle.

When I sent a Facebook message to Ford the Customer Service agent said it’s at the “In Production” Stage. My dealership just told me about the brake issue today and said that explains why it hasn’t shipped yet. Super excited about it though.
Having the same issue with the site, as suggested to me, and it works, try going directly to the site with your vin instead of mine:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8GC2LGA27898

Not surprising. I have an Aviator on order as well, went into production 6/26...still in production, sent offsite, no updates in 2-3 weeks...

Anyone knows what NaN stands for? My delivery status changed to this today! It states veh will be delivered in NaN days

Anyone knows what NaN stands for? My delivery status changed to this today! It states veh will be delivered in NaN days
Internet search shows this as one possibility;
What is the mean of NaN?
NaN is short for Not a Number. NaN indicates that the monitoring system is not receiving any numeric data. There can be several causes for receiving a NaN: The collected service has stopped running.

Peter

I hope they spelled nine wrong

Any speculation on the delays and stop sales? I am in flight on a purchase, part of which is private party selling my wifes car at least 4 weeks before the expected delivery date. If there is some major issue, it would put me in a very tough spot.

I sold my 11 at the end of May expecting a delivery early July.. and here I am aug 1st still without it. Frustrating..

Ok....I am literally talking to Ford Performance engineers. Theses are guys I have become friends with through connections. I own one of the largest private shops on the east coast. I have been to and raced in Shelby events. We all get together and race at VIR every year. THESE GUYS don't know whats going on. So not only are the dealers in the dark, internal people are as well. Now its not too unconventional that they don't know whats going on. Huge companies, projects are compartmentalized. Ford performance are also busy with last minute testing of the new GT500 roll out and another surprise mustang coming out that hasn't been revealed yet. However what is strange is they CAN'T FIND out whats going. They have asked and get nothing. They say this leans not to a design flaw, that would need a redesign, but a production issue that is plant based. Anything from bad welds, to paint, to fit issues. Also possibly supplier issues where a part is not up to spec and was installed and this problem was identified after the fact. Again the Brake issue is an issue, but not the overwhelming issue. I hope to have an answer on whats going on by 3 today. (FYI compound the problem Ford is having an issue with there tracking system and will have a massive status update Friday night or early Saturday morning on a huge number of vehicles. So don't be surprised if no movement until then.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back