Explorer delays | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

@STGUY

First, thank you for the information. Even without confirmation, it keeps the conversation going and possibly sheds light on the issue.

I am going to get a copy of the recall above and post it this morning to see what is involved and what build ranges.

As far as the rotary, all it is is a switch and has zero connection to the trans so a contact issue I could see as a faulty switch. There was 1 person who posted (this forum?) That there's was having issues switching into or out of gear. So this definitely could have some merit. If this were wide spread, I would assume a recall/stop sale would have been issued.

If a switch, easily replaceable however part availability may be the biggest issue since they wont shut down the assembly line therefore need an abundance of extras to replace currently produced vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@STGUY

First, thank you for the information. Even without confirmation, it keeps the conversation going and possibly sheds light on the issue.

I am going to get a copy of the recall above and post it this morning to see what is involved and what build ranges.

As far as the rotary, all it is is a switch and has zero connection to the trans so a contact issue I could see as a faulty switch. There was 1 person who posted (this forum?) That there's was having issues switching into or out of gear. So this definitely could have some merit. If this were wide spread, I would assume a recall/stop sale would have been issued.

If a switch, easily replaceable however part availability may be the biggest issue since they wont shut down the assembly line therefore need an abundance of extras to replace currently produced vehicles.

Agree with everything you said. My source did also mention a cover and the words factory disable for not a recall but a Ford Field Service Action. I would advise that everyone type in there vin number at this link and see if it applies. Check For Ford® Recalls And Field Service Actions | Official Ford Owner Site
My vin number applies. My order is currently in a warehouse in Chicago. However there are two explorers on my dealers lot this applies too. The other 3 it doesn’t. I will look at this as well when I hit work.

She was talking so fast and I didn’t want to make her repeat stuff so I jotted down what she was saying. I mean at this point I’m ready to send 20 of my guys up to Chicago to get this inspection thing rollin! Lol. They have a huge rat problem at Chicago assembly. I keep dreaming of rats chewing on the wiring harness. :)

Thanks for the info. Luckily my vin is not in the recall. Build date was 6/26. Assume its on a rail car
just outside Dallas

Here you guys go.

9B7426A4-D465-48BC-A4E3-6BC182E956D0.jpeg

So I think this does tie in with the info I was told. I was told maybe something more specific cause it does say the gear positions and gear selected must be displayed while in park. Also there are additional pages to this but didn’t deem them that important. Additional page does say this is not a stop sell deal.

So I think this does tie in with the info I was told. I was told maybe something more specific cause it does say the gear positions and gear selected must be displayed while in park. Also there are additional pages to this but didn’t deem them that important. Additional page does say this is not a stop sell deal.

I talked to a guy st FRAP and he confirmed Ford is shipping a ton over to them. He was pulled off the FRAP assembly line to help repair the Explorers. I assume this is why some people's Explorers are showing in Michigan and just sitting.

I checked the one I am picking up tomorrow and it is not part of it.

Agree with everything you said. My source did also mention a cover and the words factory disable for not a recall but a Ford Field Service Action. I would advise that everyone type in there vin number at this link and see if it applies. Check For Ford® Recalls And Field Service Actions | Official Ford Owner Site
My vin number applies. My order is currently in a warehouse in Chicago. However there are two explorers on my dealers lot this applies too. The other 3 it doesn’t. I will look at this as well when I hit work.

Mine is not part of it, although it has been sitting in Mich for 3 weeks today. Hopefully just a shipping delay.

Thanks for the insight, was able to confirm my Explorer is not part of it. Although I am relying on the dealer for status since it is a Stock order.

Is there any way for me to check it myself?

Mine is not part of it, although it has been sitting in Mich for 3 weeks today. Hopefully just a shipping delay.

Its odd that even the official papers I have, and the release on there website sorta contradicts whats going on. It says vehicles built from March 27th 2019 through July 24th are effected. HOWEVER I have plugged in multiple vin numbers during that range and some are and some are not. I wonder if your vehicle might have been effected, been inspected, now it doesn't come up as being effected, and is about to be shipped shortly. Would explain why some vehicles on dealer lots are effected, and some are not. Just speculating.

Its odd that even the official papers I have, and the release on there website sorta contradicts whats going on. It says vehicles built from March 27th 2019 through July 24th are effected. HOWEVER I have plugged in multiple vin numbers during that range and some are and some are not. I wonder if your vehicle might have been effected, been inspected, now it doesn't come up as being effected, and is about to be shipped shortly. Would explain why some vehicles on dealer lots are effected, and some are not. Just speculating.

Thats sort of what I was thinking. They would have to inspect all 14k builds during this date, that hasn't landed at a dealer already, to determine if it was effected, so they must have put a hold on transit so it could be inspected?

Thats sort of what I was thinking. They would have to inspect all 14k builds during this date, that hasn't landed at a dealer already, to determine if it was effected, so they must have put a hold on transit so it could be inspected?

I just checked on a Aviator i had ordered and that one indicated
Recalls found: 0
Field Service Actions found: 1
FACTORY MODE DISABLE AND MANUAL PARK RELEASE COVER INSPECTION
vs my Explorer
No Recalls or Field Service Actions found
So perhaps the Explorer hasn't even been inspected yet, and the Aviator has and passed? Anyone Show a Field Service Inspection AND a found recall?

I just checked on a Aviator i had ordered and that one indicated
Recalls found: 0
Field Service Actions found: 1
FACTORY MODE DISABLE AND MANUAL PARK RELEASE COVER INSPECTION
vs my Explorer
No Recalls or Field Service Actions found
So perhaps the Explorer hasn't even been inspected yet, and the Aviator has and passed? Anyone Show a Field Service Inspection AND a found recall?
Mine shows the same as this... and that's its in Michigan. Hoping that the press release means they have a plan now to remedy and get them moving. Have to say I'm relieved that its not more serious than this and the fix not more invasive... my guess is they were troubleshooting trying to figure out why the P wasn't showing... and finally figured out the Factory mode issue.

Oh, and thanks again to those who shared info... it does help to piece things together even if it is uncertain / unconfirmed.

Maybe that was the plan. But obviously if they are finally notifying the Dealers and public on what is going on they will not hold the delivery any longer. There is a chance even vehicles in transit where being held until they came up with a plan, AND parts needed to fulfill the repair. My read on this is that things will start moving now. They might even ship these warehoused units to the dealers for inspection. As it seems they are sharing the info and ready to combat the problem at the dealer level. This would be a much faster and effective way to handle the issue one would think. So now that the instructions are out there too the dealers, the units can be shipped. Again just speculating.

The one I am picking up tomorrow has a build date of 7/12. So it is within range yet he sent me a screen shot of Smart Vincent and there are no recalls on it. It is clear to sell to me.

The one I am picking up tomorrow has a build date of 7/12. So it is within range yet he sent me a screen shot of Smart Vincent and there are no recalls on it. It is clear to sell to me.
Did you enter your vin in the link to self search if it has a recall? Is so, did it say it had a field inspection and no recall or did it say no field service or recall?

I am sure it is clear and fine. I have my exact build vehicle color and everything 75 miles away from my house. Built on 6/26 sitting on the dealer lot. I ran the vin and it is completely clear. They received the vehicle a week ago. Again maybe this vehicle went through the inspection process was cleared and shipped. There is still a little bit of gray (unknown) out there with this. But I would have ZERO reservations buying that vehicle Blwnsmoke. Heck I am thinking of making the 75 mile drive. The other 3 vehicles on there lot are not what I want and they ALL come up needing the service action and are effected. Maybe they shipped before the stop shipment order was sent and got out of the factory. WHO KNOWS! lol. However if the VIN is clean, id buy it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you enter your vin in the link to self search if it has a recall? Is so, did it say it had a field inspection and no recall or did it say no field service or recall?

Smart Vincent is Fords system for rebates, tabs, recalls, SSMs, FSAs etc. It would be in their system if there was one.

I did use the link above since you inquired and got

"No Recalls or Field Service Actions found"

Back