Explorer Express rear swaybar bushings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express rear swaybar bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
I had my ride in the shop and while under there they told me that my rear swaybar bushings needs replacing. I've got the Explorer Express rear swaybar in there and it came with the poly bushings. I've had it on for just over 3 years and don't really put a lot of miles on it. How long should poly bushings last? Al I know that EE uses "Energy Suspension" polyurethane bushings with the kit, but I'm assuming these bushings aren't made specifically for the bar. My experience with EE's customer service hasn't been great over the past year so I'd rather just source the bushings elsewhere. Anyone have any idea where to get the bushings? (a part # would be very helpful).

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at them Brad. They may mean the end link bushings, which are OEM. The ES bushings should last far longer than the OEM rubber stuff. I bought those end links from Ford recently to send to Jon. They were about $20 each, hopefully the rubber can survive the oven.

Take a look at them Brad. They may mean the end link bushings, which are OEM. The ES bushings should last far longer than the OEM rubber stuff. I bought those end links from Ferd recently to send to Jon. They were about $20 each, hopefully the rubber can survive the oven.

Thanks Don. I think I'll do just that. He mentioned that there seemed to be some movement in the bar itself so I'm assuming he is talking about the ES bushings that came with the kit. Perhaps they just need some tightening. Sadly, I haven't touched them since installation. :rolleyes:

There are two steel clamps/rings which as part of the bar go on to keep it in place side to side better. Maybe there is a little too much side to side movement, and you can tighten that up. I honestly have not touched my 98 truck, it has 75k on the EE kit.

There are two steel clamps/rings which as part of the bar go on to keep it in place side to side better. Maybe there is a little too much side to side movement, and you can tighten that up. I honestly have not touched my 98 truck, it has 75k on the EE kit.

I've got about 45,000 km on mine (27,000 miles) so I don't think it's the bushings. I know which clamps you speak of. I'm going to have a look.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back