Explorer interceptor question on parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer interceptor question on parts

Dan2

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 explorer interceptor
I am thinking about purchasing a 2018 explorer intercepter utility vehicle(the police version). It will need lots of work. Does anyone know if the regular explorer parts of the same year will fit on the interceptor? The parts look very similar. Will need to purchase the hood, bumper, and one headlight. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have separate vehicle listings for interceptor sedans and utilities.

Fender and hood should be same for all.

Lights are different - you'd have to verify if retail lights will work and will likely have to reprogram with forscan/ids.

Bumper shows a different part # from base to PIU - you'd have to confirm it will fit. (I don't see why not - you should be able to effectively buy a complete retail front clip and install it on a PIU).

They have separate vehicle listings for interceptor sedans and utilities.

Fender and hood should be same for all.

Lights are different - you'd have to verify if retail lights will work and will likely have to reprogram with forscan/ids.

Bumper shows a different part # from base to PIU - you'd have to confirm it will fit. (I don't see why not - you should be able to effectively buy a complete retail front clip and install it on a PIU).
Thanks appreciate your help.

Back