Explorer lift kits

Dilligaf1300

Reaction score
City, State
Sparta ,Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer sport
Greetings,
I have a 1999 Explorer which Ive been considering putting a body lift on.Problem is,I cant seem to find one for that year!Anyone have any links or suggestions for a good 3 inch body lift kit?Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have a 99 explorer and cant find anything for a lift- someone has to sell them

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-A...XY9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310822168&sr=8-1

It says ford ranger. But it will work on the explorer, i think the only thing that doesnt work is the bumper brackets. Also, if you have a manual transmission, you need the shifter extension.
http://www.amazon.com/Performance-A...xtension/dp/B000N8NDY4/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_b

Also some the bolts don't match up. U will need to use some the longer bolts for your truck to use in other spots. Also u will need all thread in the front two mounts. The kit gets u 90% of what u need. The other stuff is simple. There r a number of good threads on how to do it. Just use the search

thanks for that info! i wasnt aware of that. That'll be good to know when i go to install mine.

do you know what size all thread is needed? Also you mentioned that you would need longer bolts, is there a certain grade I should get? Can I get them at autozone or will something from Lowes work?

do you know what size all thread is needed? Also you mentioned that you would need longer bolts, is there a certain grade I should get? Can I get them at autozone or will something from Lowes work?

I think the all thread is 1/2-20. But im not 100%. And for the bolts u should have all the bolts you.need. just measure the bolts common out and + 3". You will use some from the kit and I think 4 that come out of the truck. And don't be scared to add some washers to make up some gaps.

ok thank you very much

ok thank you very much

No big. There is a realy good thread on here on how to so it. I my self have done 3. Its easy just do your reasearch. Read others threads. Everyone has there own way and different tips. So good lick if you have any more question just ask

how long does it usually take to do one? what is your easiest way you have found?

how long does it usually take to do one? what is your easiest way you have found?

You should check the "Modified"1995-2001 Explorer section or check out your own thread. ;) The Stock section is more for repairs of "stock" equipment.

Back