Issue
No lights active in the rear portion of my explorer
No running lights
No brake light
No turn signal
No reverse light
Please help
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have fuse locations handy, but they should be in the owners manual and in these forums. You need to chase down any blown fuses as step one.

I've pulled all my fuses looking for a blown one and was not able to find a single bad fuse
I've also checked relays and the bulbs for the back as well

I've pulled all my fuses looking for a blown one and was not able to find a single bad fuse
I've also checked relays and the bulbs for the back as well
@Deltateamlead
Check the "battery saver" relay which shuts off all inadvertently left on lights after exiting the vehicle. I think, but am not certain without checking the wiring diagrams, that current feeding all those possibly left on lights passes through it's contacts. If it's coil burns out, it will disallow all lights to function. imp

Will do but would that affect all running lights and not just the back
The front still functions normally except my hi beams stick in posisition when on
And hazards don't function at all

@Deltateamlead

I'm throwing out a guess here: the Vehicle Security Module contains relays which enable power to various things, lights included. It maybe the cause of all this. It's basic part number is 14B207. Located on RH rear side behind trim panel, below the fixed glass window and slightly forward of it, maybe 3 inches. Other modules and impact sensors are located there. I'll scan the Shop Manual page if you ask, and post it here. This VSM ties into numerous controlling functions; others here may know more about it specifically than me. I don't see that a relay failure inside it would be picked up by PCM and thus create a code. imp

But I don't have a warning light the only thing wrong on the inside is the blinkers move fast like both are blown bulbs
However nether are blown

so will the pcm be able to give you lighting problems ?

so will the pcm be able to give you lighting problems ?[/QUOTE

@clifton cup
The PCM does not create the problems, it "looks" at certain things which are not as expected, and generates a DTC, trouble code, attempting to tell us where the trouble lies.

if the blinker is going fast then it means there's an open circuit somewhere. Check for blown bulbs or wiggle your multifunction switch (your hazards are not working right?) could be a bad multifunction switch too.

Just got done changing the multifunction switch it had no effect on the lights except the hi beams don't stick and my hazards now come on only in the front and they remain a solid color

Yes I've checked the bulbs twice but I'm going to replace them all it's only like 4

But to be on the safe side if this has no effect what should be the next course of action

I'm no expert on rear lighting but is there possibly one grounding wire that links them all that could be disconnected? Or do all rear lights go through one wiring harness? Just ideas, maybe the experts could confirm or deny that... Good luck!

The problem with all these various lights not operating properly goes deeper than your usual "blown bulbs", "blown fuses', etc. Basic circuit theory explains that a bulb gets current through two wires, the current limited to a maximum amount by a fuse. Some device turns them on or off, and added devices are thrown in to turn them off if inadvertently left on by the user (or a bad door switch, etc.). Add in the "auto headlights", "multifunction switch", and the number of possible causes multiplies.

Look at Modules which operate IN CONJUNCTION with the usual switches which turn things on and off.

Well changed the lights but noticed something funky as I was doing so
As I changed the bulbs I would have my friend pump the brake and no lights came until all four new bulbs were replaced
Turn signal lights would also not come on
They were the first to be changed

Back