Explorer MFT Upgrade - Ugh :( | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer MFT Upgrade - Ugh :(

Peter, thanks for your help. Yes I did do a master reset of the system a couple of weeks ago hoping that would take care of the problem. Since that did not, I did the battery pull this am. Have not had any issues with the engine/transmission control functions that need to be relearned. Still trying to figure out why the compass on the main inst. screen has street names but the MFT screen does not. Seems very strange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked your account on syncmyride lately? Does it have the updated info there?

Mine isn't updated either. I haven't tried the status checker yet but will sometime when I have the time.

For what it is worth, I had the Ex parked in a parking garage for a couple of hours today, and it didn't skip a beat, and didn't give me any indication that it could not find the sats.

Still trying to figure out why the compass on the main inst. screen has street names but the MFT screen does not. Seems very strange

That is something I am trying to figure out also. When on the homepage, sometimes street names appear in the Nav quadrant, sometimes they do not. We don't have it in the homepage often, so I haven't had the chance to see if there are any patterns to this behavior. I'll figure it out one of these rides....

So my wife took our car into the dealer, and Ford Canada paid for a rental car (that surprised me) as they looked at it over 2 days.

It came back and the GPS now seems to be working properly, and the Master Lock code works again.

However, I'm finding climate control doing weird things that I can't pin down? Fan is on high (and now if I turn it down it goes off Automatic), and then sometimes low - seemingly random irrespective of temperature. In fact today I couldn't take it off Auto from either MFT or console. I also couldn't turn climate control off from MFT screen, but fortunately the console switch worked.

Has anyone else noticed issues like this?

OHh .... and why oh why Ford did you remove the "battery charge level" for my phone? Get ride of the word "Connected" (which is redundant) and give us the charge level back?

So my wife took our car into the dealer, and Ford Canada paid for a rental car (that surprised me) as they looked at it over 2 days.

It came back and the GPS now seems to be working properly, and the Master Lock code works again.

However, I'm finding climate control doing weird things that I can't pin down? Fan is on high (and now if I turn it down it goes off Automatic), and then sometimes low - seemingly random irrespective of temperature. In fact today I couldn't take it off Auto from either MFT or console. I also couldn't turn climate control off from MFT screen, but fortunately the console switch worked.

Has anyone else noticed issues like this?

OHh .... and why oh why Ford did you remove the "battery charge level" for my phone? Get ride of the word "Connected" (which is redundant) and give us the charge level back?
The battery charge level is still there. On mine it is on the same line as the signal strength indicator.

I did notice some apparent change in the Climate and Auto settings. Some times they appear to be linked and at other times not. No issues such as you described.

Peter

We stopped by the Verizon store and was able to connect the bluetooth from the parking lot to the phones in the store. We did a quick test of an LG Lucid and Razr Maxx. Both phones had charge level, signal strength, 911, messages, and name across the top.

Our friend's Samsung Charge and our LG Cosmos phones all have the same basic information.

..........OHh .... and why oh why Ford did you remove the "battery charge level" for my phone? Get ride of the word "Connected" (which is redundant) and give us the charge level back?
calb, after you had the MFT upgrade done did you delete the phone info from the MFT and vice versa? My salesman told me that this should be done and then set everything back up as if new.

Peter

The battery charge level is still there. On mine it is on the same line as the signal strength indicator.

I did notice some apparent change in the Climate and Auto settings. Some times they appear to be linked and at other times not. No issues such as you described.

Peter

Hi Peter.

In mine if you are in any window other than "communications", the corner display doesn't appear to show battery level. It is there if you are in the home window; perhaps that is what you are referring to?

The climate is inconsistent and I'm not sure how I even point to an issue yet. Hopefully I'll either discern a pattern to it, or figure out that I have done something wrong.

Hi Peter.

In mine if you are in any window other than "communications", the corner display doesn't appear to show battery level. It is there if you are in the home window; perhaps that is what you are referring to?

The climate is inconsistent and I'm not sure how I even point to an issue yet. Hopefully I'll either discern a pattern to it, or figure out that I have done something wrong.
Yes, you are right. I was looking at the home screen and it does also show up in the phone screen. Honestly I've never looked for it in any place other than the home screen and on the phone itself.
For me it isn't really a big deal since I don't go on long trips and the phone only requires charging about once a month.

Peter

Back