explorer, mountaineer, and now the aviator | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer, mountaineer, and now the aviator

I'm liking it a lot actually. I always figured when I got rid of the Explorer I would wind up with something like an Infiniti QX4 because I like the luxury sided utes but I like the truckish platform. The new Aviator looks like it might be right up my alley. I really like the interior, very distinctive. I am not a fan of the 2002 Limited at all, it looks no different from the other trims, it has nothing distinctive about it.

I see some features in those pictures I really like, namely the optitron gauges. I'm used to these in the Lexus, for those of you that arent familiar with them they are lit by an incandescent tube behind the gauge face, thats why the cluster in the pictures is black, the truck is turned off. I'm a little dissapointed to see in the picture where the headlights are on that there are no HID lights, maybe they'll be an option. I'm also used to them on the Lexus, and driving anything with Halogen lights now gives me a headache at night. All the competiton has them, the QX4, the RX300, the Benz ML etc Lincoln needs to follow suit.

Back