Explorer Power 3rd Row Seat Stuck Up | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Power 3rd Row Seat Stuck Up

Post number 19 has been selected as best answered.

OMG it worked holding down the L & R button at the same time! Thank you so much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unfortunately I found that video too and it didn't work for me. I'm also affected by the rear camera recall so I'm wondering if it has to do with a software update

My 2020 Ford Explorer Limited has power 3rd row seats. But, the seats are stuck up and I cannot get them down. I had it looked at by dealerships and they are telling me it is a computer issue. I was told it is a known issue and the Ford Factory Engineers are looking to find a solution. Has anyone else had this issue? I need the 3rd row to go down so I can utilize my cargo area.. Can I manually put them down? The Ford dealerships don't know how to put them down either... Super frustrating.
I took mine into the shop and they fixed it for me

Unfortunately I found that video too and it didn't work for me. I'm also affected by the rear camera recall so I'm wondering if it has to do with a software update
Yes, I had the software update at the dealership and they fixed all my recalls and my screen is still black/gray/blue after the update. They had to now order a whole new screen and stuff. Thank god for extended warranty lol

Just get the powerfold seat module firmware update. I haven't had any issues since. I wish dealers would update all modules on request. It would solve a lot of problems people have been experiencing, especially for MY2020-2021.

I got so fed up with playing the dealership game with warranty issues that I went ahead and bought a Mongoose J2534 adapter and leased Ford FDRS for 2 days to update all the modules myself. It has made a world of difference. Worth it for me even though it was pricey.

Someday I hope manufacturers will just push out module updates OTA like Tesla does and you don't have to suffer through flawed module programming.

Just get the powerfold seat module firmware update. I haven't had any issues since. I wish dealers would update all modules on request. It would solve a lot of problems people have been experiencing, especially for MY2020-2021.

I got so fed up with playing the dealership game with warranty issues that I went ahead and bought a Mongoose J2534 adapter and leased Ford FDRS for 2 days to update all the modules myself. It has made a world of difference. Worth it for me even though it was pricey.

Someday I hope manufacturers will just push out module updates OTA like Tesla does and you don't have to suffer through flawed module programming.
Agreed!!!!

Welcome to the Forum Sara. :wave:
The camera recall and its associated software update has nothing to do with the seat issue.

Peter

So glad I found this forum. That solved my problem! Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you referring to post #21?

Peter

I posted this same issue right after I purchased my 2020 Limited. The left seat was stuck up but after Googling, YouTube, and even reading the owner's manual I found the proper procedure to "reset" the seats - holding down the L/R (center) button until the seat reset and traveled down and back up. All good since then.

Back