• Register Today It's free!

explorer ranger swap???

explorinitup

Reaction score
City, State
virginia beach, virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer 5.0 on boost
ok i wont to know if any one has put the front clip (hood, fander, grill, ect) from a ranger and put it on a explorer. i was thinkin a 2000 ranger and on a 97 explorer?? any one try this yet????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think someone did that but i am not to 100% sure but let see what others say

I know the explorer stuff has been put on plenty of rangers, but I cant say I have seen it the other way around.

Putting the explorer front on a ranger requires grafting part of an explorer fender onto a ranger fender. I imagine it would be almost the exact same amount of work the other way around.

It wont be easy and it wont be bolt on but if you have the time, give it a shot.

I was thinkin about tryin this too on my 02 sport.I personally like the ranger front end better

The sport trac front end is bolt on , looks a little better too.

I really like the look of the newer Rangers front end, a Ex Sport would look awesome. Like a spin on the 01+ Sports. Four door might look good too.

I really like the look of the newer Rangers front end, a Ex Sport would look awesome. Like a spin on the 01+ Sports. Four door might look good too.

i agree i just think it would be a lot of work i think someone should give it a try. just the the guy that did the 4door with sport trac front.

If I rember corectly...the Explorer noes is a bit longer then ranger nose. Also as said already the body lines don't match.

If I rember corectly...the Explorer noes is a bit longer then ranger nose. Also as said already the body lines don't match.

dont the newer rangers bodylines resemble the 02 sports?i just want to do it for the accessories like fender flares and headlights etc

No the ranger has always been different from the explorer in terms of body , cept the very front end of the early 80's/90's ranger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back