Explorer seat swap with Lincoln MKT. Doable?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer seat swap with Lincoln MKT. Doable??

Dawoud

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh, Ksa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012Ford explorer Lemited
Hi,
Just regestered and looking for advice regarding the seat. I have 2012 Ford explorer 7 seat and trying to swap the seat with Lincoln MKT. Is it doable and what to consider or what is needed for such move?
Your help is needed

Regards,

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if this is possible but if I had to guess, I'd say No. I did have a 2014 MKT a few years ago as well as a 2011 Explorer Limited.
I would think that the mounting points would not be the same as the MKT is a larger vehicle, Another consideration would be the compatibility of the Safety Restraint System.

Peter

MKT seats physically will bolt up (as will Flex, Freestyle and Taurus X) but depending on year and options the connectors and seatbelts may or may not be compatible. You will also potentially need to relearn or swap occupancy sensors and seatbelt connectors depending on years. Typically the easiest swaps are same model year and same or as close to the same options as possible.

The front seats are also tied into the air bag system. Someone on here swapped a passenger seat from another car and the air bag light would not go off. They had to swap all the sensors from the parts car.

Back