Bad news in latest CR magazine... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad news in latest CR magazine...

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
I just received my December 2012 issue of Consumer Reports and to say it’s disheartening would be putting it mildly.
Title - pg # 61 : “Ford continues to fall while seven Japanese brands top our list.” Pg #62: “The General Motors nameplates - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC - moved up in ranking.” Get this: the bottom brand was Jaguar. Second from the bottom was Ford with a drop of -226% from last year. Third from the bottom was Lincoln. Ford’s ranking fell -7 and Lincoln’s fell -12 from 2011. See pg #63.

And here I sit with a 2013 Explorer Limited and a 2012 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost in my garage, (we traded in GM models to move over to Ford). I’m thinking I’d better throw the CR mag in the trash before my wife sees it.

:splat:

Not surprised.

I am 45 days customer and have major problems with Ford.

CR for the record HATES, MyFordTouch. They've had nothing but bad things to say about it from the start. Is it any different in being a distraction then the offering from Mercedes, Lexus, Mazda? No of course it's not. They can all be classified as distractions. BUT, CR never liked MFT or the SYNC system. It didn't help that there were lots of early bugs in the half baked system when it was released.
Enjoy your Explorer and your Lincoln. Don't worry about what could be. I just had my second anniversary of ownership on my 2011 Edge Sport, I still love it as much as the first day I saw it and drove it. Sure, I had my issues and growing pains, but I'd still buy another just like it if it were totaled tomorrow.

Back