explorer to ranger front end conversion? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer to ranger front end conversion?

okay, here is what i had in mind... i have a 1995 xlt four door explorer and i want to do a conversion to a ranger front end...front clip, bumper...i would like to avoid changing fenders if i could but i will if i would have to.
does anyone know what year ranger, if any, would work? or of another kind of vehicle that would fit..
i can do any modifications necessary but its already going to be a big enough job in its self.
the reason i want to do this is because i like the headlights that are on the rangers.. also, how hard would it be to fit a ranger front clip onto the explorer so i could put the lights on the explorer?

:thumbsup: :thumbdwn:

fiberwerx.com

They have you covered

Not sure the factory metal will bolt up at all, after 94 the Ranger and Explorer became quite different underneath I believe.

just looked at the site...they only do 'year upgrades' and race fenders.. any other site reccomendations?

There are tons of options for front clips on your truck, all of them aftermarket fiberglass.

What year ranger front are you looking for?
Search on this site for Fberglass conversions, there are lots of pictures and discussions about this topic.

Fiberwerx has ALOT more available then what is listed on their website, I believe you can even get 2" flared fenders, which are not that much wider then stock...

YOU MIGHT be able to use factory sheet metal, but its never a simple bolt on deal.

Their out there, Check the sport truck scene, mags etc. I once saw late model Ex front clip on a Ranger, it looked pretty sweet.

Back