Explorer "Tremor"

dmasini

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
I don't know if anyone remembers but a couple years ago Ford came out with a concept Explorer called the "Tremor" that had a modified 5.0 and was lowered. I was wondering if anyone knows whether the Tremor badging is for sale somewhere. Thanks for any help...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting, any pics?

Don

I'll try and find some, it was featured in a Motortrend when I saw it.

Here are some pics. It originally was supposed to get a supercharged engine with alot of horsepower but now they have the 4.6 in there

fr_sv_cvt_05.jpg

FRD_A2_EXP.jpg

i think ford is making a ranger with the tremor name.

it just has one or two things that are not able to get without purchasing the tremor package.

if they are/did then go to the dealer and tell them you need the tremor badge. (if your trying to buy the name plate).

hope this helps.

I wish we could get an SC Explorer Sport!

Ranger SC The Concept Ford Ranger SC is the perfect vehicle for the urban jungle in which you swing. This is America’s best-selling compact pickup gone wild. It’s time to SC and be seen. Conquer the coolest streets and the hottest clubs with the supercharged 4.0L SOHC engine that produces more than 255 horses and the kickin’ Tremor sound system.

fr_sv_cvt_02.jpg

You can get the Tremor package on a Ranger but all that has is a big system and I think it's lowered.

The badging for the Ranger is different than what was on the Explorer version.

Back