• Register Today It's free!

explorer ttb in a ranger?

MountainMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
so after reading on the ranger station i found out that i can directly swap my explorers d35 ttb into my 83 ranger. seams like a great idea because i have a 83 ranger with out front brakes and i have a 93 xplorer with no transmission. from what i've read it seams like sine the ttb mounts are exactly the same i can just bolt the x's suspension right in and change the lower shock mount and be good to go. but the x's ttb is a few inchs wider so im wonderin if the coil mounts are still the same width? or if they are a bit wider is it ok for the coils to have a slight inward angle towards to top mount? also the brakes seam to have the exact same fitting and length of line so the calipers will bolt up but will the rangers brake pump have enough power to function properly? would jus be a trail rig so i wouldnt worry about the abs. any and all opinions or thoughts are welcomed and would be apreciated.
also the frnt drive shaft should be ok. some people said they needed to shorten it for stok height an people said it was the perfect lngth for vehicles wit 4-6 inchs of lift, and mine will be lifted.

o and both vehicls are 3.73 so no need to worry about the gears.

Twin Traction Beam (front suspension).

Yes, the D35 TTB fits a '83 Ranger. Addl width is outside of the coil mounts. Calipers are the same.

Search.

Back