Explorers should come with a tool set.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorers should come with a tool set....

But isn't it fun being able to go to the scrap yards and have a choice of 10+ vehicles to pull the one part you need from? (Or taking one apart there before messing yours up if you're not 100% sure what you're getting yourself in to.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love driving old stuff around, look at my signature. Its fun to have what no-one else has or wish they kept. Besides the fact that I have not liked anything that has rolled off the line since about 1997. Besides that new junk will need work eventually anyway and its not really designed to be fixed anymore. New cars are like appliances, you use them and throw them away when they wear out.

Fords, at one time, did come with a full complement of tools.

A combination spark plug and lug nut wrench
Basic combination wrenches 1/4, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16
Pliers
Tire changing tools (for prying tire off rim to change tube)
Jack
and a box to store it all in.

You could get all this and 22 horsepower for about $650.00 new. God bless the Model T:D

i have to say about 90 % of the members here are the ones that seem to work on Explorers the most, i even had the dealer here call me once, they had a problem, and knew i worked on mine, the one they were working on was a 96 just like mine, it was a simple one,,i told them what was wrong they fixed it ,

Thats a good feeling!! To have the dealer call you. Do you have a friend that works there?

yeah i actually do, the parts guy and the service writer and i have fished together a bit,, in fact the service guy used to be at the chevy dealer , and he used to get me all kinds of deals, back when i had a chevy project going on,,

Back