extended strobe light wires... now problems | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

extended strobe light wires... now problems

Ok, got some strobes off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=36476&item=2442013803

cheap ones, just seeing if I liked having strobes.

The wiring from the power box to the light was 24 - 28 guage, I couldn't read it. I extended the wires with about 8 feet of 22 guage wire. Now, the light that I extended wires works fine but the other bulb which I didn't extend doesn't flash all the time. I am wondering if having the wires extended draws too much power, keeping the other bulb from flashing all the time.

I would try it again w/out the extension, but I'd rather not cut the wires and reconnect them all over again.

Thanks,
Patrick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In strobes you pretty much get what you pay for, there are no bargains. The cheap ones will have a very short life.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by loboga
In strobes you pretty much get what you pay for, there are no bargains. The cheap ones will have a very short life.

well, bad quality i agree with but i dont know about short life. mine have lasted me some good months and still work.

Originally posted by hydroxy
Ok, got some strobes off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=36476&item=2442013803

cheap ones, just seeing if I liked having strobes.

The wiring from the power box to the light was 24 - 28 guage, I couldn't read it. I extended the wires with about 8 feet of 22 guage wire. Now, the light that I extended wires works fine but the other bulb which I didn't extend doesn't flash all the time. I am wondering if having the wires extended draws too much power, keeping the other bulb from flashing all the time.

I would try it again w/out the extension, but I'd rather not cut the wires and reconnect them all over again.

Thanks,
Patrick
its not the wires....the wire going to the bulb lost connection part way....you must have yanked on it

but it does flash, it just isn't as often as the other one

If you are facing any problem with the lights then buy it here. It's really amazing quality lights.

Back