F-150 In Need of an Engine

Stephen S

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 XLT Ironman
My Dad's 91 F-150 (302 V8) is soon gonna be in need of a new/rebuilt engine. It's got 280,000+ miles on the original engine and tranny. He needs the truck for work, so he can't be without it for very long. So my question is, where can I find a new/rebuilt 302 V8 engine that will fit in a 91 F-150?? Just built up stock, not already built for racing. We'll need a long block (valve covers, oil pan, water pump, etc. all included) so we can just swap the accessories over and drop it in. Is there anywhere online that I can order it from? Any help is appreciated.

Check with all your local auto parts stores. They all should carry them. See what prices they have... Also check with all local Ford Dealers. They all will have differn't prices and avalibility.

You are not going to find a rebuilt engine that has any of the sheet metal (pan, rocker covers, etc..) from any rebuilder. If you want one in that shape, you will end up looking at wrecking yards for a complete used motor.

well heck just swap out the old vale cover for new chrome ones, paint the oil pan with high temp the same color as the truck, and buy a new pump. and wala a new ingine witha killer look!

depending on wat you do and where your at i would love too take the old block off you hands.

Back