Factory Alarm

alohamonte

Reaction score
City, State
Glendale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer 4.0 4x4
Semi-random question,

I dont have factory keyless entry. No fob and no module in the rear fender compartment.

But the Alarm light flashes when I start the car.

So my questions are. What action actives the alarm and what sets off the alarm? And if it is set off, how do I deactivate it?

Thanks Monte

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The theft light should be for your "Pat" system...Just means your truck cant be started unless you have a key with a chip in it programed to that truck...

PATS--"Passive Anti-Theft System" Usually though it's a red light that says "THEFT" in the instrument panel. And I don't think it flashes during starting unless you're trying to start the Explorer without the coded key.

My '99 Explorer has this, even though it came with no keyless entry, alarm, keypad, etc...

So what if when I try to start mine, the light flashes and I cannot get the truck to even turn over?

I just rebuilt it from an engine fire. I had a donor mountaineer I scavenged all the parts from. I looked it all over and it should be good to go.

The truck is a '99 and the donor was a '99.
The only difference I have noticed is the new wire harness under the hood does not have the low oil level sensor wiring in it. The stock one did.

It seem like the key might not be coded correctly. What does it need to be coded to?

cool

:thumbsup:

I have the passive system. Thanks forum!

Back