Factory DVD Headrests = Dealer can't fix seat back cooling fan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory DVD Headrests = Dealer can't fix seat back cooling fan

ExPlat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I've got a new scenario for ya, my Dealer won't install the new upgraded fan in my non-cooling drivers seat back.
They have the upgraded fan motor but the 'Tech' (?) says it can't be repaired because I have 'aftermarket DVD Headrests' that someone butchered up the wiring of the seat during the install and he won't touch it.
I drove away today after them having my car for 4 days trying to fix my front/rear camera malfunction and install the driver's seat blower fan, they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't fix either one. I was busy with other things on my mind and didn't pursue it and took the car home. At least I had a loaner (because I bought that 1st day option with my ESP, a wise move on my part as owner of this car).

Moving forward to later tonight: Aftermarket DVD headrests you say?
I bought this car used with 4k miles on it but dug around my sale papers and found the Monroney sticker with all the ordered options and sure enough, the DVD headrests ($1995) are listed as a Ford Factory installed option. The DVD headrest installation was done by Ford in Chicago and now the Dealer 'Tech' says it was a butchered job?

I guess tomorrow I'll call my Service Advisor and have him bring up the window sticker and explain how this is possible. The interesting part of all this is my 3/36 warranty ran out yesterday.

Back