Factory DVD headrests from a Edge? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory DVD headrests from a Edge?

rrose

Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
We are getting ready to upgrade from a 2011 Edge to a new Explorer. We ordered our Edge with the factory DVD headrests. They look identical to whats in the new Explorers. I think the headrest is the same shape too. Does anyone know if the 2011 Edge factory DVD headrests will work on the Explorer seats (width of the rods and shape of the headrest)?

We are getting ready to upgrade from a 2011 Edge to a new Explorer. We ordered our Edge with the factory DVD headrests. They look identical to whats in the new Explorers. I think the headrest is the same shape too. Does anyone know if the 2011 Edge factory DVD headrests will work on the Explorer seats (width of the rods and shape of the headrest)?

There is a lot of duplication in parts so its likely they will.

The factory Invision DVD headrests for the Explorer were completely different than the OEM Explorer ones anyways.

I took mine out of my 2011 Explorer and transferred to my 2013, then again into my 2014.

When I get my 16 or 17 I will transfer again.

Even if the headrests don't look the same I will just order the matching newer vehicles DVD headrest hollow shell and transfer the DVD unit over it comes out in 5 minutes I watched them replace one of mine under warranty.

Thanks for the info.

Back