• Register Today It's free!

Factory rear DVD player

Lbakken85

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 mountaineer
I have a 2003 Mountaineer that came with the rear factory DVD player. I installed a new DVD head unit in the dash. Now the rear player will not work, i was told this was normal. What i want to do, is get power to the rear screen and run a video cable from the in dash unit to the rear screen. Has anyone done this or even know if its possible. There is an unused wiring harness behind the dash, i assume that is for the rear dvd player, but i cant find any info on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no one make an RSE harness for that vehicle. you have to keep the factory radio in the vehicle and bury it somewhere. most people will bury it under the bench seat. This mean you will have to extend wires.

I do remember the guy who buried the radio in back to keep his.
i also thought i read somewhere you could buy an adapter, PIE maybe.
Someone said in a post another trick is you provide 6v to one of the wires on the RSE you can get it to turn on?

I do remember the guy who buried the radio in back to keep his.
i also thought i read somewhere you could buy an adapter, PIE maybe.
Someone said in a post another trick is you provide 6v to one of the wires on the RSE you can get it to turn on?

Its actually controlled through the pc board in the radio. This method actually is whats recommended from the manu's of the adapters, since there isnt one out there. Most of the time if an adapter cant do multiple vehicles its not worth making one for it and this is the only option.

Back