• Register Today It's free!

Factory Sub Box and Ikesound

Jagercola

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB
I've got a '99 Exp with the mach sound system. I've got the Factory Sub. Has anyone successfully replaced the factory sub with an aftermarket? Maybe an 8-inch? and also mounted any aftermarket amps in that back panel out of the way? I don't wanna mount an amp on my back seat because then I can't haul a lot of stuff. Second, where do you guys get all your gear? I saw www.ikesound.com was recommended. Those JBL amps seem to be a good deal there, but they aren't an authorized kenwood dealer for my head unit. Any suggestions? Thanks -Will

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered two JBL Amps from (dead link) they shipped them the same day, they should be here Monday I think... They have some killer prices... I shopped for them at about 4 different sites, but these guys had the best prices and lots of good feedback on pricegrabber and the like...

I don't understand what you mean by they aren't an authorized kenwood dealer for your headunit??? Are you looking for a kenwood deck??? Or do you have one and you're saying that they don't authorize the use of JBL amps or what???

Kenwood

I think Ike gives you a 1 year warrenty vs. Kenwoods 1 year warrenty because they aren't authorized reps. Let me know how etronics.com turns out since I've heard mixed reviews. I've got a Sirius kenwood reciever and antenna coming, so I'm going to get a Kenwood head unit (has to be to work with Sirius reciever), 4 speakers, (Anyone recommend any 6x8/5x7 plates?), an amp install kit, a 5-channel amp (4xspeakers 1xsub, any experience with multi channel amps?), and hopefully a stealth box. The big question is, where can you mount the amp? Under the back seat doens't work so much because the seats will crush it when you fold it down. Behind the back seat limits your hauling options. Thanks -Will

My system looks all factory... Infinity Kappa's in the doors and an Infinity Kappa 100.3 in the rear. Sounds amazing for not having some big gaudy box in the back. We watch DVD's and everything.... I actaully am using the factory radio, amp and changer too.

Well, I wanted more power than any 5 channel was going to put out, so I went with two seperate amps... As for the plates, if you go to www.thezeb.com they have some Audiobahn plates on sale right now for around $100 a pair... I was going to get them but ended up getting a killer deal on speakers here locally...

As for mounting, I haven't decided yet, I'm thinking either under the back seats, or behind the right rear panel where the stock stuff is at...

Heath

Let me know where you mount your subs. I wonder what all you can fit back in the panel where the factory sub is.

Well, my sub is going to start out in a 1' box until I can afford to have my friend build me a fiberglass one that will fit where the factory sub did, it will come out some from the wall, but I'm okay with that...

Back