Factory Wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Wiring

I am trying to add factory fogs to my 01 explorer sport. I have searched many threads, forums, google, you name it. I have most all my questions answered but a couple. I want to run the wiring as close to stock as possible, meaning looks stock, but using my own relay and wiring. My question is I know the factory foglight switch connector is behind the radio bezel for the switch.

I know that the blk/ground and the red/blk illumination are already prewired also. The only 2 wires that aren't are the bl/blk, and tn/org, but they run down to the firewall just above the parking brake. My question is does anyone know which connector on the firewall these wires run through that's all I really need to know now. I have everything else figured out, all except which of these 3 connectors the bl/blk, and tn/org come from on the firewall, anyone know?

Picture26.jpg

IDK.... You are probably better to run your own wires through the firewall to the relay.

Yeah I found finally the factory wires run through c148, but not sure which pins. I plan on getting my only relay and wiring, so it's done right.

Back