• Register Today It's free!

Fender Flares

97Mounty97

Reaction score
City, State
Port Huron, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
I was looking to get some fender flares for my 97 mountaineer. If anyone has some pics of them on there explorer or mounty I'd love to see how they look. Also what are some good ones to get that aren't a lot of $$$$

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is the style I'm talking about

30062006.jpg

Si

^you also need to get the matching side skirts and rear valance. They don't flow well on their own.

^you also need to get the matching side skirts and rear valance. They don't flow well on their own.

Ooh alright thanks for letting me know

Mine has those early 2nd gen flares. While talking lifts and big tires with a buddy of mine he mentioned that I would have rubbing issues with them. Anybody have some firsthand experience with this?

I run 265 75 16s on my UK Explorer with those flares.. they don't rub... no lift...
I run 285 75 16s on my 99 Sport, with 3" BL, TT and Shackles and get the occasional rub, but I run ridiculous tires during the summer... other than that, it's good... :D

Si

Sweet, The flexy flares just made my wish list. Gonna get the extra wide 4.5" set. Great find

Back