• Register Today It's free!

Fender Trim Help please

Swervedriver

Reaction score
City, State
S Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Mounty
Hi, I was hoping someone could point me to an online part source for replacements of the two rear/side plastic fender trim pieces directly behind the rear wheels. It's for a 1999 Mounty and the arrow in the pic points to the trim pieces I'm looking for. I sure do appreciate any advice- Clay

mountyrear.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I have some in the basement, or on my 95 outside, PM me your zip code, and I'll see what postage is, call it $40 plus shipping for the 2?

Si

Hi, thanks for the quick response and I appreciate the offer. The problem I have is that the plastic is deteriorating from sunlight on mine, I can scratch off the plastic like powder in a few places. And they have some minor scrapes digging into the plastic.
I'm repainting the truck soon and I wanted get get some in new condition as to not worry about the sun damaged plastic disintigrating under new paint.

Have you seen this deteriorating plastic problem on yours?

nope, these aren't bad at all, I can get you some pictures if you want? mine are chrome covered.

Si

Those are them, only thing is I dont have chrome bumpers. My trim pieces are painted the color of the truck and aren't chrome. It might look a little frankenstein-ish :) I need the mounty version I guess.

Blueka,,i'll take the chrome ones off your hands.....I only need driver side..
You don't happen to have the driver side rear fender flare for Eddie Bauer ( tan ) laying around ,,do ya ?

erik

Sorry for the delay, thanks a bunch for checking on that and taking the time to post pics. If you had both sides, I surely take you up on your offer.

Are body parts not made by any aftermarket companies? Meaning my only option is finding a used set?

I really need a passenger one for my 1999 Mountaineer. Been searching like crazy and cant find one. Still have no idea what to call them.

Back