Field Testing - What's the latest Bulb's for First Gens? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Field Testing - What's the latest Bulb's for First Gens?

..What's the latest and greatest in Headlight bulb's for the First Gens?

..I still have the 9004's and one just burnt out so I was hoping to put something else in..Since I have the "Crystal" lenses I could put in HID's but before I do I know there are also LED's out there...

..Has anyone used the LED headlight bulbs?

..Is there any other headlight bulb replacement or upgrades out there that's suppose to be brighter, cooler (in heat temp), or something that has you interested in buying but you want to hear from someone else first? (other than the 9007 upgrade)

..I'm needing some soon as I hate running around with one headlight at 5 in the morning...:shifty_ey

I went on a Night Run, rock crawling/trails at "Big Dogs" off road park this summer. It was a blast using all my off road lights for the first time and it was all legal. I had Hella's and LiteForce for a total of 5 forward and a rear Hella, if need be mounted high on roll bar. No HIDs though. Those LiteForce were just plain awesome.
In all regards, I did not need any brighter. Would be interested in LEDs if they were just as bright as those LiteForce. Less strain on Batt I would think.

..You touched on a couple reasons why I even started this thread..

..I have been running fridges in both my trucks throughout the summer so anything I can do to get more life out of my batteries and alternators will be a plus....

..Going to several destinations out here where there may be no moon and lighting is in high demand in rough terrain, I figured this would deliver me the opportunity to test all kinds of lighting (of what I can afford) in these remote areas..

..Several suppliers have told me that the HID's will soon be history even in new vehicles as there are to many parts and issues related to them...IIRC, the Ford Focus was recently recalled for having issues with HID's...

...No one has let me in on what will take over the lighting market but for now my money is on the LED's as the cost have come down so much and the lighting and life of the lamps have grown immensely...

..As mentioned in my earlier post, I would so like to find and try some LED's in the headlights for at least comparison testing if nothing else...These would be what they are marketing as 9004 replacements not some make yourself kinda thing..:D

..If anyone has any leads on quality LED's for testing in the first gens please contact me..:D

Back