Finally Complete: Saleen VI.5 Supercharged 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin V8 AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Complete: Saleen VI.5 Supercharged 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin V8 AWD

psycareyo

Reaction score
City, State
Plattsburgh, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 STA Supercharged
I thought I'd share this with you all since it's a Saleen forum :)

http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/x...ed/SVT Trac/

From Chandler @ Brenspeed "Also, the truck made exactly 400rwhp 386ftlbs of tq and it’s definitely faster than the Lightning!"

This has been a long tie coming lol. I had been researching the Roush M90 and the Saleen VI.5 supercharger kits that various companies make for the Sport Trac Adrenalin.

Somewhere in between the research and now...I had it in me to buy a Lightning. I did. It was a mint condition 1999 with 175,000 miles on it. I basically stole it. My wife hated it. Long story short, I made a deal with Brenspeed to trade my 99 red L for a supercharger conversion for my daily driver, the 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin.

I couldn't be more happy!

Attachments

• Saleen unit installed.jpg
    Saleen unit installed.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6,954
  • Supercharged front under hood.jpg
    Supercharged front under hood.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 6,840
  • DSC06824.JPG
    DSC06824.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 2,778

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! If you have time I'd suggest hitting the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA next year to show it off. Not that far for you.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures - but the link goes to "page not found"!

I think the forum software truncated the address... Looks fun!!!

sounds bad ass

So, now that you have had it for several weeks - what is your real work fuel economy?

About 1.5-2mpg less than normal unless I get in it a little more and then it's basically the same. I find it gets worse fuel economy if I baby it.

So like 14-15 avg mostly city.

What was your normal? I get 16 - 16.5mpg on my weekly route (70% highway at 75-80mph average). Not much stop / go traffic. Do not drive it hard either, rarely over 2500 rpm.

One of the concerns i have is dipping into 14s or less on premium. Considering a 5.4L swap or 5.0L coyote swap instead.

I drive mostly 60mph with a ton of traffic on the highway. Many intersections where people turn off so there is a lot of slow down and speed up. It's also a steep grade uphill one way. Then of course it's 15-20min of city traffic to get to the dealership.

I do that every day.

I find it unlikely that you will get significantly better fuel economy with the 5.0L given the electrical and mechanical problems involved. I'm sure the net cost is less money to Supercharge the 4.6. You don't even have to take off the entire top end.

Before I got 15-17mpg avg.

Yeah, the Coyote would be "fun" in the electrical department.

A 3V 5.4L would be really straight forward though. I know stylin99 did his, and supercharged and had trouble with the trans. I think a mildly tweeked N/A 5.4L would be the boost I need, regular gas, and potentially no effect on MPG. Heck, the F150 with the 3V 5.4L engine gets better gas mileage than my STA...

Is this a Roots or twin screw supercharger?

Twin screw 2.3L

vERY vERY Cool!

Just wondering if you have had any drivetrain issues, ie trans, awd transfer case or front/rear diffs with the additional newfound power & torque, I'm really interested in this type of conversion as I was ready to trade in my termi back in 07 for a SVT STA as I was going to gain AWD and four doors as well as all weather driving while still having a platform I could mod for more power if I wanted like my cobra, I was SOOOOO disappointed when Ford dropped the ball on this vehicle going to production!!! This might be the answer Ive been looking for. Lou

No trans, diff, transfer case or any problems with the existing powertrain due to the supercharger. It doesn't shift really fast but...it never did.

I've had some issues with intercooler leaks because the hose clamps have become a little loose here and there.

I monitor everything and all my temps, ratios and stats are in line.

Back