Find me a front locker!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Find me a front locker!!!!!!

is this kind good for front and rear on a 99?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

14" should work just fine. Tire or body lift size does not matter.

It also depends on where you install them. The farther out on the LCA, the better, and the longer they need to be. The closer to the frame, the shorter they need to be. Make sense? You can figure out how long you want them by measuring the full droop before you over extend the CV axles. Figure where you want to mount them. You then go a little shorter in length with the straps.

i have a 99 with the auto 4x4, if i do the brown wire mod would i be able to put an aussie in the front without worrying about it? lockers seem like the best 4x4 upgrade, i would really like to have them but my explorer is my daily driver so i need it to stay reliable.

i have a 99 with the auto 4x4, if i do the brown wire mod would i be able to put an aussie in the front without worrying about it? lockers seem like the best 4x4 upgrade, i would really like to have them but my explorer is my daily driver so i need it to stay reliable.

1: Running a locker in the front of a daily driver is not recommended
2: I don't even think they (aussie) make a locker for your front diff anyway

wuts a brown wire mod?

wuts a brown wire mod?

Use The "Search" my young Padawan.
obi_wan_kenobi_1.jpg

May the Search be with you!

well cha but im shleeepy =p

that is sweeet =p (i searched it) i always wanted to do this just figured there was no way

Back