Firestone calls Explorer 'uncontrollable' | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firestone calls Explorer 'uncontrollable'

Originally posted by ok89
you also must remember that in the tests the drivers knew that they were going to have a blow out and were prepared. I believe that in the rollovers people are driving with one hand or a knee or something like that. I believe also that heat of the tire from driving too fast for long periods of time in hot climates helps to do stuff to the tire.

Good point... except during one of the tests the driver took has hands off the wheel and they blew the tire at 70 mph with no problems at all.

Originally posted by rustytr
See the whole tread wrapping around the axle thing I didn't know about... call me stupid. In that case it's kinda easy to see a roll over happening because you veer off the road and into a softer median and roll. Then I hope she gets a few million, but not a billion be friggen realistic with lawsuits at least. I would spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair if my family could benefit a billion dollars from it.

Well you gotta keep in mind that in order to get a few million their full suit needs to be more, it'll get cut down. I'm sure they dont expect to get a billion dollars.

I saw a Corvette on it's roof the other day. It was raining in Phoenix and I could see where he tried to hit the brakes at a stop light. The skid marks started to go sideways and then the tires caught and on his roof he went...

Guess it must be a design defect... SUE!!! LOL

Back