first ford first car lots of probs...$850 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

first ford first car lots of probs...$850

mark_23

Reaction score
City, State
watertown
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 ford explorer sport
hello .. i have purchased a 97 ford explorer sport 2 door 4x4,

wen i open my drivers door it always is dinging no matter if the key is out or not plz help stop..

second wen i use my right turn signal it makes a noise like a clicking or buzzing sound any ideas????

and lastly the ppl who had it before me "tryed" to put a aftermarket sterio in it.. they rewired all the speakers in it.. an had a aftermarket amp in itt anyways it didnt work to begin with so i took the cd player an amp out now trying to hook it up the right way i get power but no sound ... i also here that there is a stock amp in it .. does anyone kno what too doo ...i have to hook the stock amp up to these new wires i think???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you went back to the stock radio wiring, if it was still in tacted and they didn't butcher it.
you need the cd player plugged in to make sound. the speaker system of the stock wiring runs through the cd player.

I removed my cd player and bypassed the cd player wiring by removing most of it and finding the correct wires to splice together to make the speaker work again.

???

they rewired all the speakers so i have stock speaker wires an the new ones ....i have got power just no sound .. someone said something about a stock amp ????

yea!

it will have a stock amp in it, if all the stock wiring is still inplace. hook it back to the speakers.
plug in your radio.

then hook up the cd player and you should get sound. if they did not cut any of the stock wiring anywhere

ok ill try an find it...

wen i open my drivers door it always is dinging no matter if the key is out or not plz help stop..

Jiggle the thing where the key goes in. that's what makes mine stop. or unplug the the door chime thing under the dash for a few seconds, then put it back in. :thumbsup:

whar is the door chime located we have been tryin to find it for a week .. what does it look like....

i kno under the dash but whar abouts is it??

Haha can't help ya there. I don't know where its at in a 2nd gen. its a little black box about 2in. wide 2 1/2in long. Its under the ashtray to the left-in a 1st gen, it might be in the same place in yours. Good Luck!

ok, i have the first 2 problems with my 95 sport. first, the dinging is from the ignition. the black piece around the keyhole is the issue, ive learned to live with it, its probably loose, just move it around a little bit and it will temporarily stop. the second is the blinker switch was probably abusively used and its got bad connectors. either use it gently or replace it. ive learned to live with mine. as long as you dont slam it down it should be fine. mine will make the buzzing maybe once a week now. as for the stereo, you are on your own, i havent had the time/mooney to start playing around with that. good luck and welcome aboard!

Ya im sure i could deal sense it only dings wen the doors open.. lol i also have another issue.. does anyone kno what could b making a grinding/ vibration type sound just before i come to a stop ..when rhe breaks r at highest pressure .it dnt do it wen i start to use emm only before the truck stops

Back