first gen explorer LED headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

first gen explorer LED headlights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Want.

Someone posted these before. I am seriously considering getting a pair. Nice to see someone picking up on aftermarket parts for these trucks. I am curious as to the construction though..... Oh well, they should be nice for something like a projector retrofit.

i just want the headlights out of them nut it looks like they are all one piece

If they came in black with amber leds I would really think about getting them.

The LEDs.... well I doubt they are very bright. The headlights themselves.... They are a pretty generic looking reflector housing. Probably about as bright as OEM headlights. I would be kinda curious as to what kind of beam pattern they give. I am looking around for someone with headlights produced by the people who make these just to get an idea of what theirs is like and if their headlights are just for show. If I picked up a pair, they would just be for a Bi-Xenon setup anyways, so I don't care much, but if I find anything out, I'll try and let people on here know.

If they came in black with amber leds I would really think about getting them.

Just use the LEDs as a daytime running light since it uses your stock bulbs as well for your park/turn signal. The black I can't help you with

$125 plus $40 shipping for illegal headlights? Yikes?

They may have LEDs, but it's just for bling and not functional at all. The one piece design is interesting, though, and it's nice they included a small amber side reflector.

Still, it is really something they went to the trouble to design such a thing for an older vehicle like the first gens, and they would look rather unique on a white or silver ride just for show. I still prefer the fluted lens headlights and signals, though, both for legality, output, and durability.

If they went to the trouble of making it one piece , then why would they make it the same boring rectangle shape patterns on the inside? It just looks like the clear headlight/clear blinker that everybody has from far away.

I would love these if they came in the Euro-black like the one below.

Needs about 20 more LEDs on each side to really look good like Audi. Or none at all.

I'm going to some trouble to remove the chrome from my truck. But I do need new headlights anyway. Ford wants your first born for a new complete set.

10-20278.gif

Just remove the lens and spray all the chrome inside down with oven cleaner. It will come right off. You can remove the chrome from the reflector bowl too if you throw in some bi-xenon projectors while you are at it.

Every aftermarket manufacturer tries to copy Audi's LEDs and every time the result is the same: the LEDs are about 10% as bright, too spread out, and looks incredibly ricey. And you can tell they are cheap about a mile down the road.

Back