• Register Today It's free!

Fishing Pole Holders

Marcus Aurelius

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
Other than the average front bumper mount to transport fishing poles, what have you guys done to transport your fishing poles to your favorite fishing hole?

I use a 4" ABS pipe cut to about 8' with PVC end caps to seal it from the weather a bit. I drilled a 4 holes in my roof rack and used metal brackets that curve around the pipe and hold it onto the rack. When not in use, I can store my poles outdoors, seperate from my reels, and put black plastic hole caps in the roof rack. I got tired of my poles hitting me or passengers when driving and bending and getting caught on the seats. I don't use my roof rack much anymore so I might try some other idea. Something secure and not out in the open because my fishing trips are usually a few days and I don't want my poles stolen at the hotel at night.

So, lets see what you've done, secure or not. Maybe some interior mount, roof mount, front bumper mount or similar holder to put on your trailer hitch.

-Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't been seriously fishing in many years. :( But in the past I Had a 4in x 8 ft PVC pipe painted black with a pressure cap on the back and sealed front. I had it ziptied to my roof rack on several vehicles. I used the industrial size zip ties and had a couple rubber wraps siliconed to the pipe that had an eye for the zip to slip through. I never had any problems with it shifting or anything. The plus side is I never had to drill holes through anything on my vehicle. I also used this to carry my 6 ft flex drill bits.

Mate ,in some states out here they're banned because of pedestrians, so your lucky Cheers Foxy

If I can't put them inside or in the boat, I just strap my hardcase nylon rod holder to the roofrack...

What does that hardcase look like? I s like the ones that they sell at Cabela's or maybe one of those Thule fishing rod roof carriers.

Anyone else, come on, there has to be more fisherman. Feel free to post pics of your fishing pole holders for youe explorer based vehicle.

-Marc

Anyone else, come on, there has to be more fisherman. Feel free to post pics of your fishing pole holders for youe explorer based vehicle.

-Marc

FullSizeRender2_zps6832cebd.jpg

custom made paracord rod holder I built myself.

took forever to make it but its way better then just throwing them in there

Back