Fitting 265/75's

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ranger
My kids have an annoying tendency to keep growing. I have decided to turn in the Ranger and get a new Sport Trac, I'm picking it up Monday. I lease through my company. Base XLT with 3.73 limited-slip and 235/70-16 tires. I wanted the 3.73's because my Ranger has 4.10's, spins too much rpm, and is awful on gas. That said, those are some puny tires.

I already did a torsion twist on my Ranger to level it. Essentially I gather if I do a torsion twist on the Sport Trac and put on Warrior shackles, I can fit 265/75-16's. Correct? I might go with 265/70's, I had those on my Ranger.

Second, will I need a TrueSpeed to correct the speedo and/or will it shift out of OD too easy with the taller tires and will a TrueSpeed correct that?

I don't off-road a lot but I go two or three times a year with The Ranger Station.

Thanks. Sorry if this is a repeat question but I didn't see exactly what I needed in a Search.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

265/75/16s would fit nice The speedo wont be off but like 3% so you dont really need the adapter for the speedo

You'll wish you had gotten the 4.10s w/ the 32" tires.

na, 3.73's will be perfect for that sized tire for the best combo of acc and gas mileage. They're just smaller than 32's and 10.5 wide.

285s WILL fit on a Sport Trac with a tt and shackles. If you go the 285 route then get the 4.10s. I think you should get 4.10s regardless, the gas mileage difference will be negligable.

So do y'all think the 265/75's will fit without lifting then?

JohnnyO said:
So do y'all think the 265/75's will fit without lifting then?

yes, just like we said above. You will have no problems at all.

Got 'em last night. They seem to fit okay, sure do fill up the fenders. I think I'll turn the bars up and get shackles anyway just to look better and get a little more clearance. I do off-road a bit.

Thanks.

*EDIT* The fronts rub a little at full lock in reverse. Turning the bars about 1" ought to fix it. The rear looks good so now I'm undecided on the shackles. I don't like how they hang down and I'm a little afraid of hitting rocks with them off-road. Gotta ponder this.

Back