fix for a missing idle...quick help pleease!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fix for a missing idle...quick help pleease!!

raptor86

Reaction score
City, State
New York, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
soon to come
hey guys i was reading in the "tips" section how to fix my missing idle. i was just wondering...the description says to use carburator cleaner. Can i use QD electronic cleaner or air intake cleaner instead? not looking to do the job half a$$ed and i definately dont wanna screw anything up. But i dont have carb cleaner at my house, but i do have those two things. and if those wont work...will anything else will? if carb cleaner is the only proper way to do it just say so and thats what ill do. thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nobody knows??

Try cleaning the IAC & MAF sensor.. The IAC more than likely is the cause of the stumble. you can probably use both.

Use electronic parts cleaner. It will evaporate clean, and will not cause eny friction problems or electronic problems.

Electronic parts cleaner is the ideal thing to use, no residue, unlike some carb cleaners.

so if i use the elctronic parts cleaner (like i already have) im better off than using carb cleaner like the original article suggests? works for me!

Back