• Register Today It's free!

Fix P0420 P0430 for only 10$

Reaction score
City, State
N.y
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012,Xlt
Hello all

Before two weeks ago my engine warning light turn on and after check by (torque app) it show me this code warning P0420 and P0430

some mechanics told me i need to change the oxigen sensores and the other told me i need to replace the catalyst!

But after many searching in google and youtube i purchased a injectoin cleaner and put it inside the fuel tank and put gasoline to half tank (not more and not less half) after that i driven about 70mils and the engine warning light turn off

The warning code:
Screenshot_20200220_004958-picsay.jpg

injection cleaner:
81U11sGd3RL._SL1500_-picsay.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was told it is both cats that would need to be replaced at a tune of 1k in parts alone. I used cataclean to pass emissions and have seen my mpg go up from 15 to 17/18 mpg. Hopefully it works and I will update if it lasts the year.

I was told it is both cats that would need to be replaced at a tune of 1k in parts alone. I used cataclean to pass emissions and have seen my mpg go up from 15 to 17/18 mpg. Hopefully it works and I will update if it lasts the year.
Hey, sorry to bug you, but the check engine light came on in my wife’s 2013 Explorer. It’s throwing code P0430 as well. Did your light come back on yet? I also found this link, which brings light to another potential cause:

Thank you for the info!

Hey, sorry to bug you, but the check engine light came on in my wife’s 2013 Explorer. It’s throwing code P0430 as well. Did your light come back on yet? I also found this link, which brings light to another potential cause:

Thank you for the info!

i used cataclean on 2 interceptors with 150k miles. 1 has 155k now and no check engine so far. The other one 152k no check engine.
I rather use cataclean before I buy 2 cats. I will update if I get issues, but both have full power and no signs of lack of power due to plugged cats.

Hello all

Before two weeks ago my engine warning light turn on and after check by (torque app) it show me this code warning P0420 and P0430

some mechanics told me i need to change the oxigen sensores and the other told me i need to replace the catalyst!

But after many searching in google and youtube i purchased a injectoin cleaner and put it inside the fuel tank and put gasoline to half tank (not more and not less half) after that i driven about 70mils and the engine warning light turn off

The warning code:
View attachment 178525

injection cleaner:
View attachment 178526

These are direct injection cars so fuel never goes to the intake. Any fuel additive or detergent will go through the HPFP and directly into the cylinders. You want to be careful what you put in the gas tank. I would just pull the O2 sensors and inspect / replace them

These are direct injection cars so fuel never goes to the intake. Any fuel additive or detergent will go through the HPFP and directly into the cylinders. You want to be careful what you put in the gas tank. I would just pull the O2 sensors and inspect / replace them
When you mix the catalytic cleaner with 30+ liters of gasoline, no damage will occur to the cylinder
And my car After using the catalytic cleaner, I traveled 50k miles distance without any problems in cylinders or engine

The 3.5 NA is NOT a DI engine. It is port fuel injection.

Back