• Register Today It's free!

flash drive happy

cowboyearl

Reaction score
City, State
columbia kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 exployer limited
I ran accross the flash drive question. Outstanding. Here is my story. Our 1st tv was a 9 inch B/W. The transistor radio came out when i was about 9. I remember 8 track tapes, cassette tapes and now cd's. Never had a flash drive. After i read the post i went to Wally world and bought a 8 GB flash drive. Spent 2 days downloading songs. About 1800. Now i will never have to change a cd in my ford again.
I can't beleive you can put that many songs on a little stick. I only used a little over 1/2 of the memory. I guess I'm getting too old for this new famgled stuff.
Thanks,
Earl:burnout:

..:scratch:..Could you imagine how much space and weight it would take to carry that many songs on 78's or even 45's?..:eek:

This thread reminded me of a song we dance to in Eastern Carolina, it is called "My Big Sister's Transistor Radio" and the song is about all the stations you were able to pick up at night on the AM band from 50,000 watt clear channel stations at night by using the phenomenon of 'skip' of the broadcast off the ionosphere.

Just to keep it FoMoCo related, we used to listen on our '59 Galaxie 500 radio in the driveway at night.....

Back