Flowmaster 70 Series?

93Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Ranger, 1993 XLT
Anyone on here running one of those?

cuz i have narrowed it down to either a Flowmaster 50 DeltaFlow, a 40 series DeltaFlow, or a 70 series.

i want the delta flow cuz it cuts down on interior noise, plus i think they sound good, and dont overpower the noise of the engine.

thanks, Phil

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want a Delta Flow, I'd go with the 40 series. I've heard them and they aren't much louder than stock. They were too quiet for me so I went with non Delta 40 series. The Delta Flow 50 and 70 would be way too quiet

Rtstork... you also have a 5.0, The 40 will deff sound better on yours then a 4.0.

Originally posted by ChuckyD
Rtstork... you also have a 5.0, The 40 will deff sound better on yours then a 4.0.

That is correct. That is why I recommended the Delta Flow 40 over the non Delta Flow 40.

I'd probably go for the 50 series... I have 40 series non deltas on my Mach (no cats, of course) and it is THUNDEROUS. I mean, its bone-jarring, don't-drive-it-after-dark, wake-the-dead loud. Its nice for a "sunny-day" car, but I'd go bonkers if it was a daily driver. Plus, I agree with you, don't think a muffler like the 40 series would sound good on the 4.0, Something a little more mellow like a 50 would take some of the angry bumble bees out of the exhaust and give a nicer, deep, mellow tone.

i'll be running a 5.2L in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. i want very very little interior noise, and just a bit deeper than stock sound, not really any louder.

I have the 70 series and it's louder than stock but it doesnt dround out conversation on the highway.

I just added a 50 series Flowmaster to my '98 5.0 and I think it sounds good. It's not so loud that you can't carry on a decent conversation while driving down the highway.

93ranger

I had 50 delta flow inst on my 4L and the interior sound is about perfect, not to loud but you DEFINATELY know its not stock. At certain RPMs(1,500-2,000) you can really hear it, kind of a low rumble, really nice sound. BTW...does anybody know the difference btwn 50 delta and 50 SUV? Anybody have 50 SUV?

hey RTstork

Just wondering how you cut out your airbox, and did you notice a big improvement?

Re: hey RTstork

Originally posted by black crowe
Just wondering how you cut out your airbox, and did you notice a big improvement?

I used my Dremel and cut a big square out of the front of the airbox. I noticed more power from that and a K&N than with an open element air filter (KKM). I guess its since the air can only be sucked in through the front, where the cooler air is coming in from behind the headlight. Plus, I wanted to keep the stock look, and it was free horsepower too!

Back