Flowmaster Exahaust Question

mrsteve

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Flowmaster Exhaust Question...2 Door??

Does anyone have a Flowmaster Cat-back system for their 91-94 2 door?? I have only seen cat-backs for the 4 doors and was wondering if anyone has seen one?? I saw one in a summit racing catalog but it's the same model as the 4 door. Is the stock exhaust system the same on 2 and 4 door models? Will the flowmaster fit my 2 door? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most muffler shops can make a custom bent and welded setup too. Thats what I have on mine. Flowmaster Muffler of some sort with 2.5" tubing. Sounds pretty boss.

Flowmaster exhaust

mrsteve I do know that flowmaster sells a kit for 1990-1994 2 door explorers. The part #is 17246 and it should run you $176.99 plus shipping and handling from Jeg's. I have the 2000 FLOWMASTER catalog and just called Jeg's with the part# for you. Hope this helps you out.

Found it

I actually just got a reply back from summit racing and they have one too. Model number FLO-17246 for 165.95. Thanks for the replies

[Edited by mrsteve on 06-15-2000 at 08:37 AM]

I just contacted R&E Racing, http//re-racing.com/index.html.
and they can order one for the two door for $179.00. The model is has 'mrsteve' said FLO-17246. It comes with a Force II, 50 series flowmaster muffler and I believe it's 2.5" pipe but I didn't ask. I ordered mine through here and it has a 2.5" and I received it in about 4 days at my door for $183.00, (the system was cheaper then). The install was pretty easy, I did it in about 2 hours taking my time. I removed the rear passenger side sway bar link and the whole muffler and pipes came out in one piece over the rear wheel hub, (tire removed).

good luck,
FM

Instalation questions

1. Do I have to remove the rear tire?
2. Does it use factory hanging locations?
3. Do I have to reset the computer to allow it to adjust to the new exhaust?
4. Will I notice a performance gain? Mileage?
5. How loud is this thing?? The Force II system
Thanks

[Edited by mrsteve on 06-14-2000 at 02:39 PM]

mrsteve, I don't know about the installation questions because I had mine done at a shop but I know that if it's a single outlet that you should definately get it. Mine sounds almost exactly like a v-8 at idle and almost like one when accelerating and I could really feel the power increase. the dual outlets are not as loud but I'm guessing they have the same power increase. just my opinion. good luck

mrsteve,
No, you don't have to remove the tire, I just took mine off to make it easier to get at the hangers.
The hangers fit the stock locations perfectly.
It doesn't hurt to adjust the computer after making any kind of change to intake or exhaust but there was nothing on the directions that said to do this, I did.
When I changed mine I also installed a K&N drop in filter and I noticed an immediate change in performance. Gas mileage is a given when you give it more air.
Personally I preffered a quite muffler as compared to some I hear in town, but it does sound much better than stock and you can hear it when you get in to the gas pedal. You can probably get a different series muffler if you prefer sound but it will cost you more $$.

Brandon1993Sport, It does have a single outlet.

Hope this answered your questions,
FM

If you are going for sound, the flowmaster series 40 is the loudest but if you want it quiet, the delta flow mufflers from flowmaster offer the most power with the least amount of noise, just some more info.

Would you guys recommend Flowmaster, or another brand for cat-backs? I'm looking for all around better performance, and a nice sound...

TFX pacesetter exaust

Any one know about the TFX pacesetter exaust and how it performs on their truck?

JayR,

The Pacesetter exhaust systems are cheaply made and, in my opinion, are junk. I have one on my Honda Accord. Wish I never would have bought it. I'd recommend going with Borla, DynoMax or Flowmaster.

Can anyone give me an idea what the 4.0 SOHC sounds like with a Flowmaster muffler on it? And when they replace the muffler, do they eliminate the resonator?

Back