• Register Today It's free!

Fog/Driving lights

Shooteruk

Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 North Face Exploder
I have two rectangular lights mounted below the front bumper, as they have not worked since having the vehicle, another wonder how it got through an MOT, and they are beyond any sort of repair, I was wondering if they are front fog lights or additional driving lights. The reason I ask is that I cannot find a seperate front fog light switch which I thought they had to have. The switch that operates the rears is positioned on the dash just below the rear screan heater. I have also noticed that some Exe's have round lights in this position and some have, like mine, rectangular ones. As mine are completly shot, is it possible to get hold of replacements without any trouble.

They are driving lights and should just come on with full beam, hence no switch. When mine were hit by stones and broken I found that cheap square units by ring and sold at Halfords are almost a direct replacement. The only difference is the earth tag was larger. I was even able to use the original surrounds and did not have to remove the back part to replace them.

Outstanding thanks Howard. By the way ABS fault cured with a £5.32 rear diff sensor from Rock Autos…cost £23.00 to get it here but still cheaper than buying one in the UK.

Back