• Register Today It's free!

Fog light switch

Gln

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Va.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I had a 98 Explorer; the fog lights on it came on whenever the fog light switch was pressed on. Now I have a 99 and the fogs on it only come on when the head lights are on low beams.

I can't turn on the fogs without also turning on the low beams. If I go to high beams, the fogs go out.

This is so different than my former 98 that I am wondering if this is normal of if one of them was wired wrong. I like the 98 fog function much better......much more versatial.

Which is correct?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 2001 sport fog lights come on too, only when low beams are on or parking lights .... so think its normal.

Fogs only come on when low beams are on - My 00 Ranger is the same way. My Brother's 93 Ranger is also the same way.

Its normal and its in alot of newer model cars. an easy way to fix it is move it to another switch that way on and off when ever you want high or low.

Look up "fog light mod" on the site. It's an easy fix to have the fogs stay on with high or low on your '99. (as on my '99).

Back