Follow me during my Sport Trac project (w/pics) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Follow me during my Sport Trac project (w/pics)

Looks good.

When I made my upgrades to my 04 Adrenalin. I did the MAC CAI, C & L MAF Meter, Modded TB, Screamin' Demon Coil Pack, Livewires Plug wires, SCT XCAL3, Random Technology Stainless CAT & Y-Pipe, and Stainless Magnaflow exhaust.

There is plenty out there to do. I'm not out to jack the thread. Just throwing ideas out there for other stuff you might be interested in getting.

Yep, the magnaflow is definately tops on my list for my next mods.... ive been thinkin aout the XCAL also.... im just not knowledged enough on them

So today I went by my local muffler shop to see what kinda setup I wanted to get. At the time they didnt have any Magaflows in the shop but could have it delivered within 15mins. They asked me to listen to the Cherrybomb Vortex muffler.... i was hesitant but i thought, lets give it a listen. They cut my stock muffler off and slid the vortex on... too quiet.

I didnt realize how many converters were in there PLUS the resignator. He disconnected from the resignator to give me a sample of what it would be like without it....but still i wasnt impressed .

He eventually took the whole thing off while the truck was idyling... THAT was the sound i wanted.... nice and healthy idle with a deep tone. He put a straight pipe all the way through and gave me a listen... sounded PERFECT to me!

So to make a long story short... i now have no muffler which was cheaper than buying and installing a muffler AND i got the sound i wanted.

Now my question is... Is there any downfalls to having no muffler?

With all the converters in and a straight pipe to the resignator and out...it has a deep sound thats not too loud...still pretty quiet.

no back pressure = less low-end power, will run better at higher RPMs though

Yes, I belive you will acutally lose some torque, but gain some hp? Its been a while since ive done any exhaust modding, back in the day when I drove my eclipse. What you really want is a balance with Intake and exhaust.

Back