Follow me during my Sport Trac project (w/pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Follow me during my Sport Trac project (w/pics)

Derek4real

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac 2WD
I think i'm starting this thread a bit prematurely but im too excited. After joining this site to info me on some upgrades to my '03 trac, i decided to get the process rolling. So i'm starting this thread for you guys to watch my trac grow.

My first mods will be my K&N cold air intake which comes in tomorrow. Next will be my halo fog/projector lights which are comin in next week.

I'll be posting a bunch of pictures soon so pls bare with me..... hope you enjoy the ride!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum Derek!

thumbs up on the K&N intake.. i love mine.. looking forward to see pics of the new fogs.. i thought about getting them for mine

cold air intake, i put one on my svt contour, never noticed any difference.

maybe not but it sounds good!

So i got my intake today and installed it. I know its not much of a big mod to some people but, its my first one.

intake1.jpg

intake.jpg

Now to all the newbies such as myself... If your ever going to install a similar intake and are scared of doing it yourself... DONT BE!

I was very iffy on doing it because of my HUGE lack of knowledge when it comes to this sorta stuff but, it was VERY simple and took a newb like me 30 mins to have it installed. Believe me.... you can save the money and install it yourself.

next up is my Halo fog lights which will be soon and then shortly after that i'll be installing my Magnaflow exhaust.

intake looks good.. same one ive got.. i love it!

Man, i can only get on the internet at work and i cant see the pics, thats a bummer lol. Sure it looks good though.

how you like the air intake? im contemplating getting one soon on my trac. is K&N the way to go?

To be honest, I only went with the K&N because of its reputable name and reviews on the forum. I didnt do too much research on others but i know there's a few other intakes that are similar such as the KKM intake.

I like it right now... i dont notice too much of a difference as of yet but once i combo the intake with my new exhaust that i'll be installing... i'll be loving it!

I do notice that i'm a lil lighter on the peddle now, and achieving same speeds and acceleration as before when i had to lay my boot in there a bit more.

When i had my eclipse, and i added a K&N filter i notice a big difference in power/sound. it felt like it was less sluggish on the throttle response. I would like to put a CAI, but im afraid of messing with the A/F ratio, mapping, MAF, CO2 malfunction... blah blah.. so until i get a xcal tuner im gonna not get one. unless someone with experience knows better.

I've had cold air intakes on my last 2 cars with no problems. No CEL's, and the computer will adjust your a/f ratio after driving for a while. The mass air will read the extra amount of air and will adjust fuel accordingly. I think you're referring to O2 sensor (CO2?)...the first one in the bank measures a/f ratio...second one just makes sure your cat is good.

pic of my cavy with the intake
Cavi2063.jpg

welcome derek and keep up the good work

I finally got my new projector fog lights w/ halo installed. I'll have some pics up tonight.

The only downfall is now i hate my yellow corners(parking lights)...completely makes all the lights clash because of the light blue-ish halo...

i wanna get clear corners now... :S

well sorry for the crappy pic but... Here's my new halo's. I had to take the pic with the projectors in the foglights off because they caused to much of a glare. I'll figure out how to take some better pics with my cam and post em up.

Once again, this install was VERY VERY easy, even for a nebwie such as myself. It was simply a remove and reinstall..... And a lil wiring help from Project Sparta. Now i gotta get the yellowy colour out and replace with some crystal clear lights

chuck004.jpg

Hey Derek, maybe there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

zoolander_blog240x303.jpg

Welcome to Explorerforum!
[/hijack]

are u challengin me to a walkoff Boo-lander??

nice hijack btw

looks good.. id like to see some day pics if you have any

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good.

When I made my upgrades to my 04 Adrenalin. I did the MAC CAI, C & L MAF Meter, Modded TB, Screamin' Demon Coil Pack, Livewires Plug wires, SCT XCAL3, Random Technology Stainless CAT & Y-Pipe, and Stainless Magnaflow exhaust.

There is plenty out there to do. I'm not out to jack the thread. Just throwing ideas out there for other stuff you might be interested in getting.

Back