For arguements sake... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For arguements sake...

That's exactly how I remember it being when I added the rear locker in one of my old 4wd rides! It was like night and day on the trails! Stuff that was challenging became easy which was cool and sucked at the same time. Meant to find challenging stuff I had to get into bigger obstacles which lead to it eventually being upside down. LOL That's NOT my goal on this one! LOL

I tend to not find a whole lot of tight turning stuff most of the time on the trails we do around here but once this thing is finished I'm hoping to be able to venture out on 2-4 day trips camping out of it and explore more of the higher elevation trails and get out of the desert a bit. The rubicon is definitely in my sights now with how I plan to build this thing! I ran it back about 15 years ago and the this expo will be more built up then what I ran it in last time.

Either way should be fun... This thread kinda changed direction which is no biggie but I will be doing a full build thread once I get started on it. Like I said, it should be a relatively quick build cause unlike the norm where it's waiting to budget to get the parts, in this case I have the parts, it's a matter of getting the paper weight that's currently in my garage with the motor on a stand next to it finished up! Hoping to maybe hear it fire up by the end of this weekend though. Then I've got 1 week or so of work on the rear of that truck and another week or so on the interior, then one more week on misc stuff and it's ready to move out of the way!

Back