For those with 3/14 roll-off dates | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For those with 3/14 roll-off dates

Mine was built on the 16th. It was in PA on Tuesday in NY on Wed and Thur and in MA today heading to the trucking junction to Watertown Ford. They are projecting Tues - Thur this week - that would be less than 6 weeks from ordering!

I originally ordered from my dealer on 2/17, built on 3/16. Supposedly it's sitting in Missouri waiting for Convoy shipment to Omaha, NE. There does not seem to be any type of pattern on how quickly these cars are being shipped. I'm still waiting for mine, but stock cars built after mine have arrived.

Just as information - I'm pretty sure cars heading my direction or West are shipping on the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad. I heard several times that Ford wasn't able to get railcars, but it seems as if Explorers heading East are getting there more quickly. Sounds like the Norfolk Southern Railroad and CSX Railroad are doing a better job. Wish I lived further East...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our car came via Norfolk Southern and then Union Pacific. It left Chicago on 4/13 and arrived in Los Angeles on 4/26. Hoping to FINALLY, FINALLY get a phone call next week that it's here and ready!!!

Our car came via Norfolk Southern and then Union Pacific. It left Chicago on 4/13 and arrived in Los Angeles on 4/26. Hoping to FINALLY, FINALLY get a phone call next week that it's here and ready!!!

I'm so excited for your ETA on Tuesday, 4/26! I hope my dealer calls me that day, too! My Ex is supposed to come on a truck.

Well... I have a personal bias towards Union Pacific. I only wish my Ex had ben transported by the U.P. My dealer called me this morning and told me that it is sitting on a rail car in Kansas City (BNSF) and doesn't show unloaded on ramp, yet. Hoping and praying for sometime next week, considering the fact that Kansas City is only about 2 1/2 hours away from Omaha by road.

Oops, meant to say it left Chicago on 4/13 and arrived in Los Angeles on 4/21. Our ETA per Seni is 4/26 and the dealer said he expects it Mon or Tues so that sounds right! Just hope there are no more delays!!!

I have more belief in the Easter Bunny today than the hope that I will get my truck this week.

Out of boredom this weekend we drove down to Kansas City to see the BNSF yard with all the cars waiting to transport. It's pretty amazing how many cars are sitting there. Also, there are several empty convoy vehicles just sitting there - not loaded. And... several railcars sitting waiting to be unloaded.

It will be interesting to see if we get our vehicle soon. We told our dealer Friday night that if we don't get it by next Friday, we give up.

Here's hoping for resolution this week. I have been so excited to get my Explorer, but now I just want it to be over. My dealer also told me that there is no guarantee that we will still get the incentives that were in place back in February when we ordered. If that is true, we won't be making this deal.

For the first time in 15 years, we are thinking about exploring other vehicle options - such as Jeep or Toyota. After 12 leased new vehicles, this has been irritating enough to impact our brand loyalty.

Back