• Register Today It's free!

ford assembly plant

chowchowjp

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer limited
Does anyone know if all explorers were made at either of these 2 plants only? louisville assembly plant and the st louis assembly plant.
this may sound like a stupid ? but we need to know if our X was made at one of these 2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alec once posted this

breakdown of your VIN number:
VIN explanation

Hope that helps.
Karl

My girlfriend's dad works at the Louisville assembly plant, and YES.... Louisville and St. Louis are the only two locations where the Ford Explorera are made. The Mercury Mountaineer is made somewhere else. Atlanta I believe. Hope it helps.

Thanks alot karl
well the vin number states ours was assembled at the hazelwood Mo So by what Mattstarr stated I am assuming that ours came from one of those plants
thanks again to you both for your info:D

:chug:

hrmm...

Just 'cause I'm nosey, why do you need to know.

You don't have to answer

Re Nosey person lol

We need to know because we are trying to get ford here in Australia to cover our repairs in conjunction with the owner notification program 01M01.
They are giving us a really hard time so we are making sure in every way possible that our X fits under the terms and conditions One being only Xs assembled at either of those 2 plants was affected.

Hope that answered your ? lol:D

Thanks, I figured it was something along those lines. I went in to check on a similar warrenty type program and got crap from them, but just let it die. I figured I just end up doing it myself.

Good Luck

Back