Delivery Time/Current Assembly Plant status | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Delivery Time/Current Assembly Plant status

Valveguy

Reaction score
City, State
St. charles, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Five Hundred
I am getting a new Explorer Limited! It was ordered thru my company's leasing vendor, GE Leasing. I recently called them, and they confirmed that it was built on December 17th, 2012. Since it is built here in Chicago (I live in St. Charles, IL), I was wondering if anyone has an idea when it may be delivered to the dealer in Carol Stream, IL? The dealer is only about 40 miles from the assembly plant. It would seem to me that Ford would want it out of their inventory quickly due to the end of the year revenue considerations, but then maybe the plant in Chicago is shut down for the Holidays, and nothing is being shipped as a result? Just curious if anyone could help, as I'm getting anxious, and the dealer is not much help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they probably have to send it through the eastern sea board and then back because of some union regulation. :)

I'm dealing with a similar situation as we ordered our Limited on November 2nd and still haven't received it.

Ours is getting delivered to Princeton, IL which is maybe 2 hours from Chicago.

My uncle mentioned there was a fire at the plant recently...not sure how bad, but he's a local fire chief and recently got an F-150 ordered and delivered so he is a bit "in the know."

I am getting a new Explorer Limited! It was ordered thru my company's leasing vendor, GE Leasing. I recently called them, and they confirmed that it was built on December 17th, 2012. Since it is built here in Chicago (I live in St. Charles, IL), I was wondering if anyone has an idea when it may be delivered to the dealer in Carol Stream, IL? The dealer is only about 40 miles from the assembly plant. It would seem to me that Ford would want it out of their inventory quickly due to the end of the year revenue considerations, but then maybe the plant in Chicago is shut down for the Holidays, and nothing is being shipped as a result? Just curious if anyone could help, as I'm getting anxious, and the dealer is not much help. Thanks

I'm dealing with a similar situation as we ordered our Limited on November 2nd and still haven't received it.

My uncle mentioned there was a fire at the plant recently...not sure how bad, but he's a local fire chief and recently got an F-150 ordered and delivered so he is a bit "in the know."

Hey Valveguy and Matt228,

I'm happy to track your vehicle's status/ETA for you. Just shoot me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll give you the info. :)

Crystal

Hey Valveguy and Matt228,

I'm happy to track your vehicle's status/ETA for you. Just shoot me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll give you the info. :)

Crystal

Thanks Crystal. I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. After getting the VIN from the Leasing company, Ford Customer Service (I got the phone number from one of your earlier posts) was able to tell me the vehicle was released by Ford, and was turned over to the transporation/shipping company. Essentially, they are waiting for a truck to pick it up and take it to the Carol Stream dealer. I am guessing it will be there today or tomorrow. By the way, your Ford Customer Service team was very helpful and very professional.

Matt228: I would suggest you get the VIN number from the dealer you ordered the vehicle. They have it--don't get off the phone w/them til they give it to you. Then call Ford Customer service, like I did. They are helpful. I was on hold for at least 25 minutes---had to talk to somebody in Fleet Sales, but I am off work this week, so I didn't really care. Or just give the VIN to Crystal via a PM, and she probably get you the same info instead iof waiting on the phone.

Thanks Crystal. I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. After getting the VIN from the Leasing company, Ford Customer Service (I got the phone number from one of your earlier posts) was able to tell me the vehicle was released by Ford, and was turned over to the transporation/shipping company. Essentially, they are waiting for a truck to pick it up and take it to the Carol Stream dealer. I am guessing it will be there today or tomorrow. By the way, your Ford Customer Service team was very helpful and very professional.

Glad to hear that they took great care of you, Valveguy! Let us know when your new ride makes it home.

Matt228: I would suggest you get the VIN number from the dealer you ordered the vehicle. They have it--don't get off the phone w/them til they give it to you. Then call Ford Customer service, like I did. They are helpful. I was on hold for at least 25 minutes---had to talk to somebody in Fleet Sales, but I am off work this week, so I didn't really care. Or just give the VIN to Crystal via a PM, and she probably get you the same info instead iof waiting on the phone.

Thanks for recommending my services; I appreciate the shout-out!

Crystal

Glad to hear that they took great care of you, Valveguy! Let us know when your new ride makes it home.

Thanks for recommending my services; I appreciate the shout-out!

Crystal

My Ginger Ale/Lt Stone FWD Limited arrived at the dealer yesterday, 12-27. Dealer called and I picked it up the same day! Wow, its nice. Ford acknowledged the order on 11-12. It was built on 12-17, released to ship by 12-24. Shipped and delivered 12-27 (Chicago Suburbs!). I think that's fantastic service.

My Ginger Ale/Lt Stone FWD Limited arrived at the dealer yesterday, 12-27. Dealer called and I picked it up the same day! Wow, its nice. Ford acknowledged the order on 11-12. It was built on 12-17, released to ship by 12-24. Shipped and delivered 12-27 (Chicago Suburbs!). I think that's fantastic service.

Awesome news, Valveguy! I'm so happy to hear that your Explorer made it to its new home. Have fun adventuring together!

Crystal

Back