Ford Explorer Mazda Navajo interchange? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Mazda Navajo interchange?

Shoottathril2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Greetings everyone from New Mexico! Just bought a 1993 Ford Explorer that went over on its side. I will need a drivers door, front bumper, fender and other such cosmetics. I have heard that the Mazda Navajo parts will interchange. Is this true? I found a guy selling parts from a Navajo that says they will interchange but I'm pretty doubtful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same thing. A few of the body parts are slightly different, but they'll fit.

When you say slight differences does that mean some fitting required? If I have to sit down and modify panels it would be best just to find another scrapped Explorer and salvage what I need then fit, prime and paint.

They'll fit with no mods, but some of the body lines may be slightly different. The tail lights on the Mazda are different but will fit like the stockers (I think the Mazda one look better). One thing to remember though, is that Navajo's were 2 door only so I believe the doors are slightly longer than the 4 door model Explorers.

Body lines stamped into the metal will be the same, but the trim on the panels is probably different. 90ranjo is correct about the 2 door's door being longer than a door on a 4 door.

Ok I see what you mean about the doors after looking at several photos of a Mazda. The doors I won't get but will deal on the fender and bumpers. I appreciate you guys clearifying the matter I had on hand and will post pics at a later date. Looks like a decent website. Thanks again.....JT

My 91 X has a 91 Mazda engine, rear springs, and front seats.

Back