Ford fixed!!! 99 Ford EX V6

halo15

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 mountain 5.0
Finally put the last top bolt bolt of my rebuilt T-case in and took the vehicle for a test drive - no more jumping, hard shifting, going into limp mode, not getting out of first, etc.....

Long uphill learning curve for me and I want to thank ALL the members that helpled me through the process....

Every "professional mechanic" that I spoke with/brought it to immediatley told me the trans was shot and the torque converter needed to be replaced - total BULL!!!!

After reading all the posts on this site, I gave the 4405 T-case a full rebuild. Old t-case had the shift fork snapped in half like a thin wish bone. Also had the case halfs upgraded by omega to limit the sloppiness in the new one - The people at Omega were great to deal with and I highly recommend them.

Car shifted without issue and runs almost like new..... Broken shift fork caused all of the problems so take a look at this before pulling the entire tranny.....

As a side - I also replaced the valve body in the tranny - which had the gasket blown out in several areas - Replaced the tranny filter and changed out the tranny fluid twice....

Back