Ford Motorsport SVO Powerdyne Supercharger has failed again (#2) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Motorsport SVO Powerdyne Supercharger has failed again (#2)

Sorry to hear what is sounding like excuses, no facts. It may be that the new impeller just applies too much force for the belt? It may have been a bad belt, not formed right, at the right heat, old, or cut wrong? I hope it was a bad belt. He says it was new, but I have seen some old stuff sold as new. Without a date of manufacture, you do not know, and rubber degrades over time.

You have done the math and are not over-revving it. I did want to mention that I have backed-off my shift point to second. We are pushing the exhaust on these to the max at higher rpms. We are likely hitting significant exhaust restrictions by shifting later vs catching second sooner at lower rpm. I think it is a little faster.

I never had an issue with the Powerdyne unit I bought new in a kit for a Bronco 302. It was on the 302 and then 349 Stroker. I ran it up to 9lbs without issue with the stock truck/bronco302 cam, 5/8" headers and big heads.

Good Luck!, hope this belt holds!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a new 710N bypass valve and new external drive belt. It will all be reinstalled shortly. It’ll be interesting to see how long this belt will last.

Why don’t they use a chain?

The belt pieces look like an old worn belt that came apart… not a new gates belt? Wild

Probably just the drag issue. Belts are more efficient.

If the belt breaks again – really not sure what else I’ll be able to do with this particular model of blower. Going back to the stock 3.1 pulley will be such a waste. The only other option if the belt breaks again on this blower I can think of is to replace the Jon Bond belt with the OEM belt (that was flawless under much more harsh conditions). The only thing that’s different now is new bearings, belt and impeller. I guess I could also try going back to a stock impeller if the Jon Bond impeller is just too hard on the belt on my application.

Most likely this (see photo) is what is probably in my near future since I’ve most likely maxed out what the BD11a can reliably give me.

DDD2E1F4-FEF4-4881-97EA-E29EF9CF4B5E.jpeg

If you’re producing the same boost, there shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m thinking the belt was a lemon.

I don't care if the belt was bought new. It could have sat for years, it looked dry and old. If a new belt goes it would leave goo and rubber streak marks, not dust. I'd call BS on Jon, after I got it back and working.

I don't care if the belt was bought new. It could have sat for years, it looked dry and old. If a new belt goes it would leave goo and rubber streak marks, not dust. I'd call BS on Jon, after I got it back and working.
His ego and reputation preceed him. I've destroyed enough belts to agree with you.

Back